Covid-19 Safety Procedures
The following is a detailed list of how Dance Place plans to implement regulations.
Please note that this is an ever changing situation and this page will be updated as regulations change.
If you have any questions or concerns with this information please e-mail the studio directly or call our office with your concerns. The health and well being of our students and their families is our top priority.
1.Will all staff and students have their temperature taken and asked if they are exhibiting symptoms (such as fever, headache, shortness of breath, etc…) upon entering the studio on a daily basis? If yes, will persons with temperature >100.0 or who say yes to screening questions will be prohibited from entering the studio?
Yes, we will be taking their temperatures outside of the studio and ask them the screening questions recommended by the CDC.
2.Will staff and students who exhibit symptoms of an upper respiratory illness be prohibited to enter the studio that day?
Yes, no students or teachers will be allowed in the studio if they are exhibiting any symptoms.
3.Will all staff and students be required to stay home if they are feeling sick? Yes, anyone with ANY symptoms will not be allowed inside the studio.
4.What cleaning will take place between classes? Between all dance and music classes, ALL surfaces will be disinfected (barres, door-handles, etc.). An antibacterial/disinfected will be used on all the surfaces around the studio using a broad-spectrum disinfectant, sanitizer, virucide, mildew stat, fungicide, and deodorizer that is labeled to kill dozens of strains of viruses and bacteria’s and as well as small flies. It effectively disinfects residential and commercial sites of possible labeled viruses and bacteria. This disinfectant is called NISUS DSV.
5.How and when will deep cleaning and disinfection occur in the Academy?– Our cleaning crew will come every night to clean and disinfect the academy. ALL AREAS will be cleaned and disinfected.
6.How and when will cleaning and disinfecting of the bathrooms occur throughout the day? – On an hourly basis the bathrooms (boys & girls) will get disinfected by our staff with the NISUS DSV product.
7.Will you have hand sanitizer on site and encourage the use of it during the duration the students are at the academy? – Yes, we will have hand sanitizer on site and continuously have the students and staff use it and/or wash their hands.
8.Will you require everyone who enters the studio to wash their hands or apply sanitizer upon entry? (https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/posters.html) – Yes. We will have a hand sanitizer pump available upon entry to the studio. After we take their temperatures, we will have each student/staff disinfect their hands.
9.All doors in the studio currently require “touch” to open them. Are any accommodations being made so that the students don’t have to open the doors with their hands? – While we will be practicing good hygiene, the opening and closing of the doors will not be an issue. Please keep in mind that all door handles will be disinfected throughout the day. However, one door to each dance room will remain open at all time for ventilation and “no touch” purposes.
10.Have the air filters been changed or upgraded per OSHA guidance, and ASHRAE Issues Statements on Relationship Between COVID-19 and HVAC in Buildings to ensure well-ventilated classrooms/play areas? – Yes, the air filters at our facility are changed periodically. Also, dance rooms will have at least one door left open to allow air flow and ventilation.
11.Will recommended CDC signage be posted in the studio? – No, but please feel free to visit www.cdc.gov for their updated guidelines. You may visit www.mdmacademy.com to view our policies and procedures.
a. *Signage to educate and train staff and visitors or building occupants to control spread and transmission of COVID-19 using below guidance:
i. CDC guidance to stop the spread of germs
ii. CDC guidance on COVID-19 symptoms
12. Will students who exhibit symptoms of illness while at the studio be placed in a supervised isolation space and parents contacted immediately, per CDC guidance? – Yes. We will isolate any child that is exhibiting symptoms of illness and will be asked to be picked up IMMEDIATLEY.
13. Will the academy provide disposable cups and prohibit the typical use of water fountains, per CDC guidance? – No, we will not be providing any food, drinks, or snacks at the studio. The vending machine is available if a child would like to purchase a beverage. We encourage children to bring their own water bottles from home. Water fountains will be available to refill water bottles. It is up to a parent if they will allow their child to use the water fountain.
- Will parents be allowed in the studio at any time? If so, have you considered to limit to only one family member at a time? – No. Parents will not be allowed into the studio during business hours.
15. If parents are permitted to enter the academy at any time, will they be required to wear a face mask? Will the studio have floor / seat markings to ensure they stay 6 feet apart? – As stated in the question above, parents will not be allowed inside of the studio.
- Are students required to wear mask? All students must wear mask in the common areas, including lobbies and bathrooms. Students may remove mask once they are inside their classroom ready to dance. Mask must be placed in their bags, and put back on before they leave the classroom.
- How and where will drop off and pick up take place? There will be designated drop off and pick up places at our academy. An email will be sent with specific instructions on our new drop off and pick up procedures. Please allow 5 minutes before and after class for pick up/drop off and disinfecting procedures to take place.